Blocking someone on Facebook can be an effective way to protect yourself from bad people, harassment, or people you don’t wish to communicate with. Here’s how to block a Facebook user. You can also Block messages on Facebook.
Block Someone on Facebook using Computer
- Open your internet browser on your computer and go to the official Facebook login page. If you want to create a new one then go to Facebook sign up.
- Go to the Facebook profile of the person you wish to block and an easy way to do this is by searching for their name in the search bar at the top of the Facebook website.
- On the person profile page, click the three dots next to the Message button.
- A list of menu with options will pop up, click on Block.
- You will be given the option to continue or cancel your block with a popup window.
- Click confirm to confirm your block request. That person will now be blocked.
Block Someone on Facebook via Mobile
- Open the official Facebook app and log in, If you haven’t already.
- Tap the search bar and type the name of the person you wish to block. Find the correct account in the search results and tap on them.
- On users, Facebook profiles click the three dots icon.
- A new menu will open a list of options. Click on Block.
- Facebook app will ask you to confirm your request. Click on Block ones more.
Note: Once you block someone, that person can no longer see things you post on your timeline, tag you, invite you to events or groups, start a conversation with you, or add you as a friend.
Related: Can I Unblock People on Facebook?
Yes, You can. If you’ve accidentally blocked someone on Facebook or have changed your mind about a block, you can unblock them.