Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a benefit given to many salaried employees in India. PF ensures that you can allot a chunk of your salary to go towards long-term savings and in most cases, employers match your contribution to EPF. One of the important things you need to check PF balance is your universal account number (UAN), which is a number allotted to you by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
Once your UAN number allotted, this is a common number that helps you keep track of your EPF. when you move all across organizations. Just share your UAN with your new employer, and your EPF contributions should start reflecting under the same number.
Your UAN number is usually mentioned on your salary slip, but in some cases, it may not appear there. In these cases, or if you don’t have access to your salary slip right now, there is an easy way to find UAN. If you are wondering “what’s my UAN?” — here’s how to find my UAN number online.
What is my UAN (Universal Account Number)— how to find my UAN number online
Follow these steps to find out your UAN:
- Go to the EPFO Member Services Portal.
- On the bottom-right, click Know Your UAN Status.
- Now you have one of three choices to find your UAN. You can find UAN by PF member ID, Aadhaar, or PAN. Select any of these three.
- Now enter all the details requested on this page, which includes your name, date of birth, registered mobile number, registered email address, and captcha.
- Click Get Authorization Pin.
- On the next page, click the box next to I Agree.
- Now check your phone for an SMS from EPFO, which contains an OTP.
- Enter the OTP on the EPFO website.
- Click Validate OTP and get UAN.
- Check your phone for an SMS from EPFO containing your UAN.
Click here to know How you can transfer files and data from android to android step-by-step guide for you.